Tuesday, September 25, 2012

dragon boats




this is a blown glass dragon boat. sony thailand gave this to hubby as a souvenir for assisting them. the first in my collection and been with me for 25 years.



bought this from a chinese hawker where we used a calculator to haggle. he told me this is made of jade, and, i do not believe him. this is a dragon boat made of jade-like element. it is actually so fragile because of the way it was inter-connected



an 8 immortals dragon boat. once, i haggled for a similar boat in a mall and went away empty handed. too pricey. a week ago, i found a store in a flea mall selling the same boat but cheaper.





i bought this from a japan's used goods stall in a park. 90 pesos. this is a molded plastic dragon boat.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy: I was hoping you could tell me the value of that first ship, the glass one with the Thailand flag. I have a similar one and I would like to get a reasonable valuation, but finding information online proved difficult. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete